vlan mismatch

mikeos
Here to help

vlan mismatch

I have installed 3 ms250 stacks each stack has 2 10g fiber back to 2 hp cores, the hp cores are not using standard stuff like vrrp it is just 2 cores with  ip's on the vlans and trunks containing the 2 fibers that go to each closet

when the first stack went in it was fine, the second stack is fine as well the udld is set to warn and 1 of the fibers is yellow in the dashboard for all stacks

once I added the third stack I started to get vlan mismatch on ports that are connected to the cores but in the topology view it looks like stack 3 is connected thru stack 2

I beleive I have my trunks miss configured and I can't seem to find any info 

since the HP's aren't really doing any core clustering using vrrp 

should udld be set to enforce and the stp guard should be set to loop guard

I read that on the forum somewhere but just looking for confirmation on the proper setup for these ms250's

thanx

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @mikeos 

Lets start with your hp core - is this configured as the stp root?

Whats the stp priority for your MS225 stacks?  Hopefully lower priority than your core.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Also check your terminology.   I believe with some HP stuff (ProCurve?) a trunk is what Meraki would call link aggregation (as often implemented using LACP).   In the world of Meraki (& wider Cisco and pretty much anywhere else) a trunk is a link which carries multiple VLANs using tagging.   Check what VLAN each switch is using as native (untagged) and what VLANs are set to 'allowed' on each inter-switch link, at both ends.   If in doubt, I'd start with trunk native VLAN 1, all VLANs allowed and, assuming you have no errors from there, then start cutting the down VLAN IDs you want to omit.

I have checked and confirmed that all vlans on both ends of the trunks are identical

I did enable udld to enforce and stp loop guard on my agg trunk ports 

the udld is causing an error from a neighboring switch that is connected to the same core not directly connected to the stack that is throng the error

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels