new Meraki C9500X Implementation issue

Mabouzid
Here to help

new Meraki C9500X Implementation issue

Please need your support that I have two stacked Catalyst C9300X-12Y switches , there is issue to bring the fiber link up between meraki switch & other vendor Korenix Jnet 6528Gf switch the used SFP at meraki switch PN:ma-sfp-1gb-lx10 & Korenix Jnet SFP korenix SFPGLX10,

the Patch cord used between both switch  is <COMMSCOPE  FFWLCLC42-JXM003 TeraSPEED OS2 Fiber Patch Cord, 2 Fibers, LC - LC 1.6mm Duplex, LSZH, Yellow, 3 m >

the current running Firmware CS 17.1.3, the switches C9300X-12Y managed through meraki cloud dashboard

thanks ,

Mohamed Abouzaid

9 Replies 9
Mabouzid
Here to help

all the port setting applied (Speed , Duplex , negotiation) with no luck 

Mloraditch
A model citizen

The modules and cables you have listed seem to be compatible from a general specifications standpoint.

If the patch is not direct you can try flipping the pairs. 

You may need to engage one or both vendors support. While the Meraki doesn't require specific settings to make the SFP work, your Korenix might. Perhaps another member has heard of them and knows something, but I hadn't until your post. Meraki support may have something in their internal databases as well.

i already opended case at the meraki support & asked the client to open case with the other vendor from his side but till now delay at reply from vendor support , so i had to asked here at the meraki community 

RWelch
Building a reputation

Have you tried to connect either the Korenix or Meraki via fiber with another device that you know works or is working?  Perhaps trying different SFP modules or patch cable (OM2 or OM3) to rule out what isn't working with something that IS working.  

yes i connected Korenix  switch with C9200 Switch with different SFP from catalyst side  with the same patch cord the fiber link goes up normal 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You already posted the same issue in this forum but for another switch type.

If two different switches show the same problems you clearly have something incorrect.

It's time to show some pictures of:
The SFP modules at both ends.
The fiber patch cables being used at both ends.
the running config of your ports (C9500 can only be Meraki monitored so you still have a normal running config).

yes i posted multiple time to get idea from the commuity members about that issue , the old ticket for the same switches models & sfp part number 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Aye - duplicate post through which we’ve covered the above already!

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/fiber-link-not-goes-up/m-p/250096

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Mabouzid
Here to help

any update 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels