line down between meraki switches C9300X & other vendor

Mabouzid
Just browsing

line down between meraki switches C9300X & other vendor

Dears

Please I have inquire that  I have two stacked Catalyst C9300X-12Y , there is SFP Comptability issue to bring  the link up between meraki switch & Korenix Jnet 6528Gf switch the used SFP at meraki switch P/N MA-SFP-1GB- LX10 & Korenix Jnet SFP korenix SFPGLX10, the current running Firmware at the Meraki  CS 17.1.3, the switches C9300X-12Y managed through meraki cloud dashboard , unable to access it through CLI got message Setup : <new interface vlan placed in shutdown state> ,

11 Replies 11
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should not matter if the other switch is using their own SFP as long as the type of link is the same.
The technology in use is 1000BASE-LX and that probably seems the same on both ends.

However according to a document that standard describes that it can use wavelengths between 1270–1355 nm.

GIdenJoe_0-1728071706217.png

Cisco always uses 1310 nm for LX optics but that seems to be the same for that Korenix so it must be something else.

Maybe if you have DOM on the other switch check out if you are actually sending and receiving light.  Perhaps the interface is in a shutdown state for some reason like BPDU guard.  Or the fiber patchcable lead must be swapped places.

thanks for your update , Please informed that when connect both switches 

Catalyst C9300X-12Y & Korenix Jnet 6528Gf the port becomes up at the Korenix switch , howerver still down  at the meraki switch we try to change the port setting from both sides (speed , duplex , negotiaiton) same thing port up from other vendor side but still down at cisco Meraki 

, the current running firmware at the meraki switches  CS 17.1.3 ,

Please we need online support to recover that issue 

waiting for your urgent update

thanks 

Mohamed Abouzaid

+201092086608

Hi @Mabouzid - for urgent support, I'd suggest calling Meraki customer support. You can find the support phone number and your customer number from the "?" menu in dashboard - Select "Get help & cases".

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Mabouzid
Just browsing

Hi @CarolineS thanks for your update , i already open case but no reply for long time 

Got it. Calling in may help move things along.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Mabouzid
Just browsing

Hi;

any idead about fiber link not goes up between both switches 

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you hold the camera in your phone over the fiber ends, do you see light in the Tx of the fiber? Does it patch with the RX on the other end of the fiber?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

i lighted off the place , i dont see any laser light from the sfp at the Meraki switch 

i am sure that the port enable, however from the other vendor side the port is up 

checked with other fiber patch cord same thing 

I'd open a case with Meraki, and have them verify if the optic is supported on C9300X. It's listed on the C9300X datasheet, but the switch is not listed in the compatibility list on Merakis list of trancievers.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

thanks , as per attach the sfp comptabile with meraki from the other switch side , the sfp is vendor base 

Capture.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels