incomplete browsing WiFi, LAN,

nst1
Building a reputation

incomplete browsing WiFi, LAN,

Hi, 

Recently migrated to meraki equipment, with switches and access point What I have noticed is that sometimes with different computers the pages do not load me completely.

I have to update them and it takes a while and shows me completely this happens with LAN and Wifi, en ese momento dejo un ping -t y el ping nunca se pierde

My speed is not because at that moment I do a speed test and the speed in good I thought that the pages I was trying to open had problems but I open them from my cell phone using my network and without problems open them.

I'm currently using Google DNS.

What may be happening or what configuration I'm missing or should I check ??????

10 REPLIES 10
Cmiller
Building a reputation

What DNS are your PCs using? I would try setting a static IP on a PC behind your meraki equipment and use the google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Run your speed test; next try 1.1.1.1 and  1.0.0.1 as DNS and see if either help. I have found the speed tests on meraki devices to not be accurate some of the time. 

nst1
Building a reputation

Hi,

I am currently using a computer connected by LAN, with static IP and using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

but also the problem happens with DHCP computers

Additionally I commented to you my MX equipment is using the DNS of the internet provider and the VLANs configured in the Switch Core I am using the DNS of google.

Try setting one of the computers to use your internet providers DNS and see if the issue goes away.

I cant see an ISP blocking Googles DNS but some providers like to do wierd things. 

nst1
Building a reputation

ok, @ BlakeRichardson no is necesary change the DNS in the switch ??
only change in the PC correct ??

@nst1 Correct you only have to change the DNS on the client device.

cta102
Building a reputation

It's not uncommon for ISPs to stop you from using Googles DNS entries or to redirect queries to their own DNS.

In the UK the 5 biggest ISPs enact the government blacklist via their DNS (usually) so I would assume it would also happen elsewhere in the world.

As previously mentioned CDN content is usually best resolved via the ISPs DNS

Oscpimienta
Here to help

It sounds to be a problem with DNS addresses, but you can also check your traffic shaping configuration.

You can also verify the link without the meraki equipment, if it still doesn´t work you may call your ISP support.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How many users do you have?

What model MX are you using?

What size is your Internet circuit?

Can you try using your ISPs own DNS resolvers?  This can affect CDN networks used by large web sites, as they use this to deliver content to you from the nearest CDN node.  Using other DNS resolvers can throw this calculation out.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

I would also try disabling AMP and see if the websites work.  

nst1
Building a reputation

I contacted Meraki, he has reviewed my configuration and made a series of tests, giving the same result.

And he has recommended me to update my equipment to the most recent version.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels