VLAN MX and Switches

nst1
Building a reputation

VLAN MX and Switches

I have two different sites;

the first has 2 MX two Core switches, access switches, access point and their own VLANs

the second has 1 MX 1 switch core, access switches, access point and its own VLANs

The first site has its own Internet access with its corresponding public IP

My Access points are trunk in the ports of the corresponding switches and the rest of the ports are access

So

The second site does not have its own Internet access and does not have a public IP

Then the second site will go online through the first site.

I have thought that I only have to configure the VLANs of the second site in the MX and in the Primary Core.

Is my idea correct or should I consider what I should do ????

3 REPLIES 3
Adoos
Building a reputation

What is your question, are you asking how to create a spoke site to site vpn? 

nst1
Building a reputation

No, it will not be through VPN, site two will have internet access through site one

The question is how can I do this ???

And if correctolo what I said in the description of the problem?

Dennis_S
Here to help

I'll try to interpret your design...

You have two location/buildings. One has internet and the other does not. 

If all you are trying to do is link the two sites together then you can forgo the MX at the second location. Simply trunk the core switches and create the shared vlans. 

If you wish to keep the separate you could use the MX with internet to service both site by connecting the site cores directly to the MX and use diff vlans in each site and L3 firewall rules to segregate traffic.

I hope you get the idea.

-Dennis

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels