Switchport, last time state changed

SOLVED
Dunky
A model citizen

Switchport, last time state changed

This is so basic and available of every other brand I know, but where can I see the last time a port changed state?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dunky
A model citizen

I am gonna mark this as solved even though the answer is its not available, all you can do is trawl through event logs to see if there is a record of the last state change.  I have filled in the "Give your feedback" on the dashboard and submitted a request but wont hold my breath.  I will report back that this simple request is not possible on Meraki switches!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can find the info in either the switch's event log, or by sending to an external syslog

Dunky
A model citizen

No doubt I could get the information if I invested time and effort into finding it, however the information should be readily available.  I've been tasked with identifying ports not used for the last 120 days - I've done that on every brand we have (Avaya, Extreme, Nortel, HP, Aruba) with the exception of Meraki where the information does not seem to be readily available.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can find port status in the event log. 

Or use the api for event log https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!get-network-events

Dunky
A model citizen

If the last port state change was say 300days ago that could take hours trawling through the event log to find it, thats if its there at all.

I have no idea how to use API's - is there a guide anywhere?

Dunky
A model citizen

I am gonna mark this as solved even though the answer is its not available, all you can do is trawl through event logs to see if there is a record of the last state change.  I have filled in the "Give your feedback" on the dashboard and submitted a request but wont hold my breath.  I will report back that this simple request is not possible on Meraki switches!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels