Switch support Qos

SOLVED
Merakibgp
Getting noticed

Switch support Qos

Hi Looks like not all Merakia switch support Qos. Anyone can tell which model support Qos or not? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

By default, no traffic will be prioritized.

When you configure QoS (as per the config guide I linked earlier), you can either trust the incoming DSCP, or apply a DSCP and map to an appropriate forwarding queue.   You might have to check how your device is marking packets with DiffServ and whether any device between it and the MS is altering it in any way  (by default, for example, Catalyst switches remark DSCP back to 0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As far as I'm aware all currently shipping switches adhere to the QoS features detailed here:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Other_Topics/MS_Switch_Quality_of_Service_Defined

MS120 switches (current entry-level) have less granular L4 classification capabilities, but this is described in that document.

Can you be more precise on your 'looks like' comment..?

rwiesmann
A model citizen

As far as I know do all the switches support QoS.

You can see all the details under the product website.

For example the ms120-8:

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/switches/ms120-8

On the right top corner you have a tap "specification" 

You can see all the details there.

i think you are right. I found the below when go to Switch ---> switch setting ---> Qos.

QoS rules based on port ranges are not supported on the following switch models in your network: MS120. Highlighted rules below are not supported and will be omitted by the following switches:

And another question is by default switch port can recognize voice traffic(ef) and treat it as it is if th port is connected to phone? 

By default, no traffic will be prioritized.

When you configure QoS (as per the config guide I linked earlier), you can either trust the incoming DSCP, or apply a DSCP and map to an appropriate forwarding queue.   You might have to check how your device is marking packets with DiffServ and whether any device between it and the MS is altering it in any way  (by default, for example, Catalyst switches remark DSCP back to 0)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels