Slowing HTTP trafic

Kave
Getting noticed

Slowing HTTP trafic

Hi everyone.

I have difficulty for slowing http trafic, everything is ok in my network but just open webpage is so slow.

Please check Network layout and let me know where i had mistake maybe.

webcache on MX is enable.

all SVI set on Core switch and routed back from MX to Core switch and L3 to campus with VLAN 100

Kave_0-1599434424604.png

kav noroozi
6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This could be a million things.  What steps have you taken to diagnose the issue and what were those results?

What speed is your circuit, how many users do you have, and does the uplink utilisation show you have plenty of capacity?

What does speedtest.net report?

Web browsing is broken into several steps, resolving the initial DNS name to an IP address, and then downloading the page, resolving all the remaining DNS entries and then download all of those components.

Do you get a fast response using nslookup?

Hi Philip.

Thank you for your response.

speed test show me 180 Mb/s- users about 100 users incluse smartphones but not all of them browsing at same time 🙂

i used Quad 9 -  9.9.9.9 which nsllokup was a bit slow(180 ms, i changed it to open DNS about 18 ms it is getting faster

but still having an issue, i try to do flush DNS and netsh winsock reset on the computers. it looks ok but i am worry if any problem in my design was happend somewhere.

kav noroozi
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Kave 

Your network setup looks fine from a high level perspective.

Couple of things:

- have you checked bandwidth utilisation with your ISP?

- what is internet connectivity like from your DC servers

- As @PhilipDAth  states, where is your DNS

Is this a brand new deployment? What was internet connectivity like before?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Kave
Getting noticed

It is brand new network i made it with L3 switches.

before was like All L2 switches going to DC  via 1 Gb fibre and connected to another L2 and then via That L2 in DC connected to same MX, but we have no issue at that time.

then we changed it to 10 Gb connectin between 2x L3 switches in dc and campus and problem comes up, as i mentioned for now after change the DNS and also some more work on Client PC seems ok but still some users having issue somtimes.

first page loading so slow or sometimes get error loading page.

internet bandwidth is about 200Mb/s- but we are using this bandwidth for MX's auto VPN of other branches come to this MX from another site as well.

kav noroozi
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In addition to what already was mentioned: How is your content filtering on the MX configured? If it is "Full list" try "Top sites only" and look if the problem stays the same. I had some installation that had the same symptoms with "Full list".

Kave
Getting noticed

Thank you for your reply.

we have another MX's  for another branches with same content filtering but no issue at all

kav noroozi
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels