Question on claiming/inventory (Meraki).

staalejg
New here

Question on claiming/inventory (Meraki).

Hi all,

Have a question regarding claimed Meraki devices.  Recently had an issue where a couple of devices disappeared from my claim list and now I am unable to claim them.  Can someone help explain the claim process and what the caveats are that might have caused this?

Regards,

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
staalejg
New here

Going back on forth with support@meraki.com.  Thanks.

TBHPTL
A model citizen

the devices just don't disappear. Check your org change logs. A device can be claimed into any number of organizations. "ownership" of a device is tied to the device being actually assigned/ deployed into a network.

The best practice is to claim the hardware and licenses via the Meraki sales order number and IMMEDIATELY assign the hardware into their corresponding network container. A device sitting idle in ORG inventory could be claimed into another org and actually assigned to a network outside of yours... the world is dark and full of terrors....

Were these devices part of a trial?

if anything is removed, irrespective by who, it had better leave a log entry in the org change log...

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are not able to claim, is that claimed on other portal or somebody else. Check with Support

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I got caught out once working on two many jobs at once, and claimed one customers order into the wrong dashboard.  Took me a while to track that one down.

Do you have access to multiple customer dashboards?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels