New beta MS15.12.1 firmware - fixes major MS390 issue!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New beta MS15.12.1 firmware - fixes major MS390 issue!

I've just received this on a network where the switches are running 15.10, not sure what happened with 15.11 and 15.12...

On April 25, 2022, between 3:00 AM and 5:00 AM BST, the firmware for the switch in the network "" will be upgraded to MS 15.12.1.

The new firmware includes support for the following features:

- Important notice
- This upgrade addresses an uncommon but critical scenario where one or multiple switches in an MS390 stacked configuration may not recover from a system reboot if running releases 15.1 to 15.11. We highly recommend upgrading to MS15.12+ as soon as possible, which safely addresses this issue.

9 REPLIES 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firmware release notes for 15.11 now posted:

Bug fixes

• MS390s fail to resolve neighbour port MAC through CDP
  • MS390 management plane in rare instances will restart continuously
  • MS390s may drop snooped DHCP traffic resulting in DHCP transactions to fail on the network
TFreer
Comes here often

Has anyone with 390's already upgraded to this yet and how stable is it? I got a maintenance window next week and want to see if it's worth upgrading yet. still on 14.33 now.

EJN
A model citizen

All my switches went to 15.12.1 last night and have lost connectivity 3 times since. Mix of 390s and 225s; using a 390 as core switch. Can't say the 2 events are linked yet, but it was all working fine until the firmware upgrade. I just rebooted core and back online.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

As a follow up, I did a hard reboot (disconnect power) on my core switch and haven't lost connectivity since. All MS and MRs are green since, and that was 6 hours ago. I think when the update was done last night, the core did not reboot properly and that caused my issues.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Solid for 24 hours. I had to do a hard reset on my core 390 and since all is good.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

@#$% 10 minutes after posting this, all switches did a reboot. Now my core 390 is showing red on dashboard. Traffic is flowing, but switch shows red. I'm going to roll back the firmware later today.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Just got off the phone with support. They instructed me to rollback the firmware (in my case to 15.9), which I will perform at the end of business today. We did a reboot of the core switch and all back to green. Hopefully it stays like that until I can do the rollback later today.

Case number 07971193

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
bigben386
Getting noticed

@EJN  please keep us posted. I saw that 15.12.1 showed up as a new stable fw in our account and wanted to see if anyone was brave enough to try it. Sound like Meraki needs to adjust their criteria for marking switch firmwares as stable. 14.31 was a stable disaster for us.

EJN
A model citizen

Reverted to 15.9 and all is well now. Approaching 48 hrs no incidents. I see 15.14 out there now, but will wait and stay on 15.9 for now.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels