New VLAN assignments based on RADIUS outcome

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

New VLAN assignments based on RADIUS outcome

When did these options arrive on the MS, or am I just slow to notice them? This is a great move forward, been wishing for these options from time to time. More detail is available in this document,  https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/MS_Switch_Access_Policies_(802.1X) 

Bruce_0-1631056966002.png

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New to me. I don't recall seeing these. 

Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

Certainly newer. I don't recall them a couple months ago.

Also, would be curious about a detailed if/then scenario for guest vlan vs failed auth vlan. With the access policy I did, failing auth dumped the port to guest vlan.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@Aaron_Wilson, there is a matrix in the link I posted (which I've now fixed). If you have a Guest VLAN  and a Authentication Failed VLAN configured, then the matrix suggests the Guest user should've been placed in the Authentication Failed VLAN if they fail authentication. (If you only have a Guest VLAN configured, and are using Hybrid authentication then it ends up in the Guest VLAN).

Ok, that took a few reads to process. Almost seems like it would have been better to specify the vlan for the failed scenarios, rather than the configured/un configured options defining what "guest", etc, means.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels