Ms225-48 Stack

Solved
SteveLandon
Here to help

Ms225-48 Stack

I have 6  MS225-48 switches in a stack working fine. I need to pull the power plug on (1) one switch to move it to another PDU. Will this disconnect the stack? Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No it will just obviously reboot that one switch. And I'm assuming you have the stack properly cabled in a ring topology already?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No it will just obviously reboot that one switch. And I'm assuming you have the stack properly cabled in a ring topology already?

Yeah, it's properly configured. I had just not run into this situation before. Thanks for the quick answers.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In addition to @Ryan_Miles comment, also confirm that the switch you're pulling power on isn't the only switch with an uplink to the rest of the network.

Well, yeah that too 🙂

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes you just have to state the obvious as these are often the things that get overlooked 😁

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels