Meraki Switch DHCP IP wrong VLAN

Lsims
Conversationalist

Meraki Switch DHCP IP wrong VLAN

When I add a Meraki switch to my network it routinely pulls an IP address from the wrong VLAN.  The management vlan is configured in the dashboard and I connect the switch to a trunk port on a Cisco 9500.  I have tried creating DHCP reservations for the switch, setting the IP statically and setting the native vlan to the management vlan.

I got the switches to pull the correct IP once but it always switches to an IP address from the wrong vlan.  I have other switches on the network that are in the correct vlan but they always start out on the wrong one and resolve themselves later on.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What did you set as management  vlan at switch> switch settings?

What did you set at the switch itself on the management vlan field?

What the native vlan of the 9500?

Lsims
Conversationalist

Everything is set as a trunk port.  No native vlan.  I have tried setting the native vlan to 254, which is the meraki management vlan but it didn't help.

I have 20 other Meraki switches that are working as expected and they are all connected to trunk ports with no native vlan.

GIB_NW
Here to help

Have you set the management Vlan in the DHCP setting for the IP address of the switch?

GIB_NW_0-1623338420820.png

Lsims
Conversationalist

I have tried that.  I am having the same issue on an MX68.  It will pull an address from the DHCP pool but it will not hold the IP of a reservation from DHCP.  I can't even set a static IP on the device.

Same with the switches.  Right now they are both set to static IP's but still pulling an IP from a completely different vlan and ignoring the static setting.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show the trunk config of 9500

Trunk config of meraki trunk port

Management config of the switch

By no native vlan you mean you are using native vlan 1? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels