Meraki MS425-16 connection 1 Gig sfp

Solved
SteveLandon
Here to help

Meraki MS425-16 connection 1 Gig sfp

I will soon be installing a Meraki MS425-16  in my network as an aggregation switch. I have a few IDF cabinets in the bulding that have Meraki MS120-48 with 1 Gig sfp. Is this going to be an issue connecting these MS120-48 to the MS425-16 ?  How best to accomplish this?

1 Accepted Solution

• Yup, it's ok:

alemabrahao_0-1687204100588.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What would be the problem of connecting a switch to another? I would particularly configure a LACP between the two switches, but of course if ports are available.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I suppose the question I should have asked is can I plug in a 1 Gig sfp into the MS4125-16 so that I can connect an MS120-48 to that connection?  I have another location in which somoen did that a while back and I have not seen any errors or problems but I want to be sure. I'm still coming up to speed on Meraki switches. Any help is welcome. -:)

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, the MS425 supports 1Gbps transceiver in the SFP+ ports.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Overview_and_Specifications/MS425_Overview_and_Specifications...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/SFP_and_Stacking_Acce... 

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

• Yup, it's ok:

alemabrahao_0-1687204100588.png

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We run a couple of MS425-32 and run a variety of SFP+ and SFP modules including copper modules. Nice job of checking beforehand though!

MerryAki
Building a reputation

1Gig shouldn't be an issue..there is a MS425-24X Version, it is utilizing SFP+ brackets, but you can still use SFP Modules. It will be different when it comes to QSFP or so.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels