Meraki 410-32 port flapping

Dinesh2
Comes here often

Meraki 410-32 port flapping

Date & TimeMeraki 410-32  Switch statusPower supply insertedserial: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, slot: 1
Date & TimeMeraki 410-32Port 36 Spanning TreePort RSTP role changePort 36 disabled→designated
Date & TimeMeraki 410-32Port 36 Switch portPort status changeport: 3, old: down, new: 1Gfdx
Date & TimeMeraki 410-32Port 25 Switch portPort status changeport: 25, old: down, new: 1Gfdx
Date & TimeMeraki 410-32Port 26 Switch portPort status changeport: 26, old: down, new: 1Gfdx

logs show above massage on regular interval, uplink 36 and rest all port change the status.

I removed STP from dowlink 1-30 but still no impact.

Also some error on power supply. 

Data flow ->>>client (jumbo frame) >> Axis switch >> Meraki410>>Extreme L3 switch>>Net

any suggestion?

9 Replies 9
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe your device is (re)booting .. 

Power supply inserted, doesnt look good.

Are you using 1 or 2 power supply?

Dinesh2
Comes here often

I don't see any reboot, only 1 power supply. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Reboot doesnt show in the event log. 

I would suggest to create a support case

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd second this, switch is rebooting and then ports are coming up.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you made any changes to the firmware version recently?

New installation, Firmware is latest one

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are all of the switches in the chain configured for jumbo frames?

I don't know anything about Axis or Extreme switches but if it's a cut-through switch it could be flagging the frames as bad and passing them through the network.

Dinesh2
Comes here often

Yah, all switches are configured with Jumbo frames

amabt
Building a reputation

@Dinesh2  Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue. What did Meraki support say?

We've been having weir issue all last week to do with some traffic not passing from VLAN A to VLAN B. Both on the same physical switch.

Then I noticed this when I looked at the switch event logs. This seems to be happening across the switches that we are having issues. The affected network has oly a single switch so shouldn't even have any RSTP issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels