MX DHCP not handing out DHCP addresses

SeaTec
Conversationalist

MX DHCP not handing out DHCP addresses

I have Aerohive AP's connected to POE ports on MS switches in my office. I have the standard vLan1 as default and vlan20 configured to be my guest wifi LAN . the guest wifi vlan is configured and as follows

172.22.20.0/24  MX IP 172.22.20.1 Vlan 20.  no policy and no vpn.

DHCP config": VLAN 20   run dhcp server   1 day lease   specifiy name server (added two nameservers on my  local and remote network..  boot option disabled.  no other settings.

port connected to Aerohive AP's are set to  Status enabled type access vlan 1 ,voice vlan 20,access policy  open,link   auto neg,rstp enabled forwarding,port sched  un scheduled,trusted DAI disabled,uDLD  alert only,POE enabled,port mirror not mirrord.

The aero hive two other ssid other han gues and they are working   .  difference is that thos ssids are on vlan 1 and have a dhcp relay  to a windows server.

on a note:  the MC vlan 20 dhcp server is not listed n the dhcp & Arp monitor listing

5 REPLIES 5
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SeaTec Can you restart the DHCP services once. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SeaTec a couple of things to check:

Is the VLAN 20 interface on the MS220?

If you set a port to access mode VLAN 20 and connect a computer, does it get an IP address from DHCP, if not and you hardcode an address like you would expect to receive, does that allow network access?

SeaTec
Conversationalist

OK  you guys must've fixed it via osmosis.  I changed the vlan ip setting from /24 to /30  and back again  and that fixed the issue.   so weird?  could that config cycle have flushed something?

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SeaTec : Glad you restore .. not sure but may be flushed out !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Just another point... the MS port connected to the Aerohive AP should ideally be configured as a trunk port, not an access port. Having the voice VLAN configured is allowing the second VLAN, but you can achieve the same thing by using a trunk and restricting the allowed VLANS - then you can add more VLANs to the trunk later if you require.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels