MS355-48x - No European Stock

SOLVED
Jeff_Longley
Getting noticed

MS355-48x - No European Stock

That's what I'm being told....

Anyone know any different? Have they been discontinued? Should I be concerned that Meraki can't seem to do stock control?

Trying not panic, but updates (or lack of them) from our account manager are few and far between.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

From what I'm told, they are not being discontinued. Quite to the contrary.

They are just out-of-stock due to the high demand.

We were given an expected ship date some time in august, but we managed to convince our Meraki AM to find one and ship very soon. Especially since we were promised that the one we could get instead in the meantime was in stock, but wasn't in stock afterall.

It arrived today.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

From what I'm told, they are not being discontinued. Quite to the contrary.

They are just out-of-stock due to the high demand.

We were given an expected ship date some time in august, but we managed to convince our Meraki AM to find one and ship very soon. Especially since we were promised that the one we could get instead in the meantime was in stock, but wasn't in stock afterall.

It arrived today.

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

well, that's one good thing I suppose.

They've known about our order for about a month.... When we placed the order they didn't advise of any stock issues. August isn't going to cut it for us (although we've not even been given a date yet!).

Are you a customer or partner?  As a partner, my distributors keep me up to date on Meraki availability (when I ask).

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's funny how distribution works differently in different parts of the world.

For example, I'm in New Zealand.  I guess because of our market size none of the distributors are allowed to hold stock of Meraki kit.

So when I place an order for Meraki it gets shipped directly from Meraki in the USA and pretty much always turns up within 10 days.  And it gets shipped directly - it doesn't even go via distribution.

On the flip side, I was doing a job in India, and in India the stock has to ship via distribution.  As a result, it is pretty much impossible to get an order in less than 3 weeks, with 2 months also not being uncommon.  The delay has nothing to do with Meraki though.

I've mostly found Europe a difficult place to deal with, and I could see this being as much an issue of European regulations preventing or delaying the shipment, rather than Meraki not being able to ship it.  I could just as easily see it being a problem in Europe because some paper sticker hadn't been put on the switches.

I wish I had sold one of these recently to be able to tell you weather there was actual stock available.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

I've mostly found Europe a difficult place to deal with, and I could see this being as much an issue of European regulations preventing or delaying the shipment, rather than Meraki not being able to ship it.  I could just as easily see it being a problem in Europe because some paper sticker hadn't been put on the switches.

I wish I had sold one of these recently to be able to tell you weather there was actual stock available.

I guess everybody has different experiences, I am always impressed by how promptly Meraki (and the Gin Factory) ship from Schiphol. Meraki with their wee baggie for the power cord are very good at making sure everything is compliant.  It has been a long time since manufacturers overlooked the need for CE marking compliance, the sticker is always on the power plugs these days, even China gets that. Comparatively recently I recall that the launch of the Raspberry Pi was delayed because they thought they were exempt from the need for CE marking compliance and all the literature and packaging had to be replaced.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

@PhilipDAth  +1 Love that fact my orders ship from the US and arrive so quickly. Does make me wonder why we even have a distributor in NZ as they are pretty much clipping the ticket for not doing anything. 

I would be surprised if any NZ distributor had any significant stock of non-domestic product. It were ever thus. Even in the UK and the rest of Europe all Meraki deliveries, that I know of, have been ex Schiphol or Bay Area. Schiphol is remarkable for the number of IT suppliers within walking distance of the airport.

Yup, all European stocks comes direct from Meraki in the Netherlands.

However, they've got none.

Our request for an expedited delivery is apparently "sat with senior management in the US at the moment."

@Jeff_Longley wrote:

Yup, all European stocks comes direct from Meraki in the Netherlands.

However, they've got none.

Our request for an expedited delivery is apparently "sat with senior management in the US at the moment."

Sounds like an excuse for a trip - VMworld in August at the Moscone Center - a short bus ride away from Meraki's Mission Bay office. Smile in person at senior management

Given that I'm meant to have to an entire new office all patched in by then, it may not be the best of ideas... 

@Uberseehandel  I dont think the local NZ distributor carries any Meraki stock, of all the Meraki products I have ordered right from high end switches to SFP modules and power cables all have shipped from the US. 

Even RMA stock comes from the US. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also @Jeff_Longley  given the MS355 series only released in November last year and the current release of Wifi6 I can fully understand while these devivces are under constrant, talking with my Meraki AM the other week he mentioned with the release of Wifi6 he has been flat out quoting for the new AP's and the MS355 series to go with it.

I'm based in Belgium and I can also say that Meraki ships quite quickly for us.

Being based in Denmark, ours are usually shipped from the Netherlands (Or Belgium, can't remember exactly but from the area). 

Again, this is not about where they ship from and how quickly it is when they're in stock.

We've been a customer for over 5 years and have zero problems previously.

This was more a question around how they've managed to have zero stock in the whole of Europe, which given our previous experience, was unnerving.

That is understandable!

Hope you get it sorted.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels