MS130 - new announcment?

Solved
MK2
Building a reputation

MS130 - new announcment?

Hi,

anybody has information about the new MS130 series?
Is this a replacement for the MS12X series?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Here is the public Datasheet:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Overview_and_Specifications/MS130_Datasheet

More of an addition than a replacement. But as always, newer devices typically are longer supported than older devices.

MK2
Building a reputation

Thank you :). This was the place is was suprised about the silient drop of the product :).

Since the MS120/125 is different from MS210/225, is the MS130 near the featureset of the MS210 or could you tell me the key differences? At the first look I only miss the stacking feature.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Unofficially, based on my review of the pricing and specs, the MS130 will replace the MS120. MS130 gig only all appear to be cheaper than the same capacity MS120s at List and essentially the same switching specs with slightly better power consumption. Of course your price is determined by your Cisco Account Team and Partner. The MS125s are harder to evaluate as 10Gb uplinks are only in the X models. I would suspect the 125s will live on longer.

However, officially, I haven't seen any answers to this.

I would expect a blog post or some other announcement later today with perhaps a few more surprises. It's still somewhat early at Meraki HQ.

MK2
Building a reputation

😍

MK2
Building a reputation

I had the same feeling that the MS125 will not be replaced. I had from our Meraki team once a lineup, what is the difference in the MS210/225 compared to the 1xx series. but here I just heard in the last meeting that many features such as DAI should also migrate to the MS130.
Also that with the rugged switches is great.

Good work Meraki, that pleases our customers;)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels