MS130 Multicast Support

FamousDave
Conversationalist

MS130 Multicast Support

My team recently replaced an old MS220 switch with a MS130. Since then, we have had issues with an audio adapter that uses multicast packets to send an audio signal from an analog source. When we remove the MS130 from the equation and connect it with a MS225 in a different part of the network, the communication seems to work just fine. I am confused because the Meraki datasheet seems to indicate that the MS130 supports multicast and IGMP snooping. Is there a good comparison chart out there for different generations of switches? I'm wondering if there are features the MS220 supported, that are missing on the MS130 that may be causing our problem.

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @FamousDave , I’m not aware of a feature comparison document for the MS switches. I typically just use the datasheets for each model line.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
RWelch
Getting noticed

@FamousDave what firmware are you running?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That sounds like a firmware bug.  Painful.

Try opening a case with support and start working through it slowly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels