Radsec support for 802.1X on MS switches

SalientSteve
New here

Radsec support for 802.1X on MS switches

Hi all,

First post here.

I've been trawling the Meraki pages for some clarification on MS support for Radsec with little success. Of course there is lots relating to MR wireless but not so much to confirm support with physical switching.

Specifically we're looking to use the radius-as-a-service.com PaaS offering with access control policies.

I believe it must be possible with extensive testing but any guidance on this topic from anyone more knowledgeable on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

SalientSteve

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS switches do not natively support RadSec. But, starting with firmware version MR 30.X, Meraki APs do support RadSec.

Configuring RADSec (MR) - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Sorry, I ended up talking about MR because I didn't read your entire comment.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

No worries! 

Thanks for looking... 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I guess now it is supported on the MR's there may be support on MS in the future.  I have yet to test this though on the MR's.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels