MS130-48X Port profiles help - UI not updating correctly!?

Solved
YoinkZ
Here to help

MS130-48X Port profiles help - UI not updating correctly!?

Hi all,

I'm currently setting up new Meraki MS130-48X switches for the first time and was looking at the ability to use Port Profiles. 

So far I have been able to create the different Port Profiles as either a Trunk or an Access ports with the desired VLAN(s).

As shown below, you can see one of the Profiles are set up as an Access Port (VLAN105)

YoinkZ_2-1705411271630.png

But, when I head over to my Switch and want to configure a set of Ports that should be a member of that Port Profile then it shows my type as "Trunk". Could just be the UI not updating correctly, or have I done something wrong?

YoinkZ_1-1705411221241.png

Here is a picture of how the Ports settings are set:

YoinkZ_3-1705411413821.png

Thank you...

1 Accepted Solution

Yes, this is one of the several known issues at the moment with port profiles. The other common one that people see is when you disabled a port profile on the switch port list page it still shows a profile in the profile column, which can be slightly misleading.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi there , 

I think this is expected for the moment. The switch port will display the port config and not the overrides done via PortProfile. But I suggest you open a case just to make sure

Alright! Thanks for a quick response.
I have submitted a ticket with the above information. I will post when I have an answer.

Yes, this is one of the several known issues at the moment with port profiles. The other common one that people see is when you disabled a port profile on the switch port list page it still shows a profile in the profile column, which can be slightly misleading.

Hi Ryan_Miles.

Exactly - I hope that it will be changed or at least be a feature/setting where you can toggle it on or off. I would rather know what my current setting is, not what it was.

YoinkZ
Here to help

As promised here is the answer from the Support:

This type of behaviour is expected when using port profiles and templates, please refer to the following documentation that states this behaviour: https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Switch_Port_Profiles#:~:text=The%20c...

As highlighted in the blue box, this is expected and I was advised to use the Feedback option from the Dashboard which I did. Maybe we will see some changed one day :).

Thanks everyone!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels