MS125-48FB and MR44 General Deployment Advice

Mirage
New here

MS125-48FB and MR44 General Deployment Advice

Hi!

I'm still new to Meraki and just wanted to get some advice for some new Hardware.

I have 2 offices, the HO office where I am and then the remote office.

We are moving the remote office to a new location, and for the new location I've bought the MS125 and two MR44s.  The new location internet will not be installed until Nov 1st or about two weeks from now.

I haven't added the new Meraki hardware to my dashboard yet.  I would like to setup the new hardware at my HO and then move them to my Remote office when the internet is almost ready.

I'm worried when I go to deploy the new HW, it won't work because I set it up at my HO already.

So should I register the new hardware right now and test it at my HO?  Or should I wait until I can take them onsite to where they will be installed

?

I'm leaning to getting all done at my Head Office and once they are registered (claim the order etc) it won't matter where they are installed.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Reply 1
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Mirage , it won’t matter where you originally set this lot up and then redeploy elsewhere.  Except where you may need to re-IP the devices to fit into your IP schema.

I often configure sites in my home office and then take to site and deploy them.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels