MS120-8LP dashboard issues with 14.29

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS120-8LP dashboard issues with 14.29

We have a new MS120-8LP that is confusing the ports, the PoE seems reversed so PoE usage on port 1 shows on port 8 and to disabled PoE on port 1 you need to disable it on port 8...

cmr_0-1632254048370.png

We have an older exact same model on same firmware without this issue so are trying the old 12.28.1 to see what that reports.  Anyone else seen this before, excluding the MX port page that had similar issues in the few days we had it!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgraded the switch to 14.32 and the issue is now fixed 

Thank you Meraki team 😎

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr  I have one of these running MS 12.33 without any issues, POE info is showing against the correct port for me. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @BlakeRichardson I even have others running 14.29 without issues, I think something else is up as when I tried to downgrade the firmware it said it had completed but the switches didn't reboot...

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson I hope not, it is in a server room!

Ahhh, the magic smoke has escaped.

Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

I have not had this exact issue, but I have seen some other weird things in this view.

A couple things to satisfy my curiosity:

1) Which browser? I always try to recreate between Firefox and Chrome, with and without adblock.

2) If you click on the actual port (graphical switch top left) does port 1 in the port details show PoE? Or is it all tracked on port 8?

3) I recall a few release notes for switches mentioning PoE weirdness, but this doesn't ring a bell.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I have the exact same issue with a switch at one of my customers. A colleague of mine, experienced the same.

In my case this is a MS120-8LP aswell. I opened a case about it, but we didn't it resolved, and the case closed while I was on vacation, and I haven't bothered with it since. 

My experience is that an AP on port 7, and if I disable PoE on port 2, the AP on port 7 goes down, but nothing on port 2. If I reverese it, same thing happens. 

The switch works fine, and the customer hasn't complained yet., Besides the switch is located outside in a lamppost, so they arent expecting much longevity of that particular switch aswell.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @rhbirkelund, it is almost as if someone has soldered the chip on to the board the wrong way round...

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, exactly. My first thought was, that perhaps somehow the port bar on the website got flipped due to a gui bug of some sort. So I tried clearing my cache, and with different browsers - even with different laptops. Still the same.

But like I said, it still works, and it’s placed in a non-recommendable environment inside a lamppost. Inorder for them to fit it in there they even had to open up the box and solder power cables directly to the board, for the switch to fit.

So warranty has been voided anyway. I did manage to talk support into opening a case anyway, but as mentioned closed while I was on vacation, and I haven’t been bothered since. 🙂

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The firmware release notes now mention the issue so hopefully we'll get a resolution 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgraded the switch to 14.32 and the issue is now fixed 

Thank you Meraki team 😎

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels