MS120-8LP - Offline

Solved
Shadius
Building a reputation

MS120-8LP - Offline

Hi all,

I received an MS120-8LP switch that I'd like to add to my current network setup.

I currently have an MX68 and an MR33.

I've powered on the MS120 and plugged it into the MX68, but it's just displaying the orange LED light and not connecting to the Meraki Dashboard.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Where did you get the switch? I assume it is not new out of the box. Have you added the device to your inventory?

Possibly do a factory reset.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...

If you don't want to do the reset, check the local status page for issues like possibly static IP set

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

If DHCP is on and its behind the MX, then check to see if you can see it in the dashboard client list.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Shadius 

Your connectivity seems to be fine.

Orange LED means the MS120 is not able to reach  Meraki Cloud.

Could you please connect the same cable to your laptop and check if you can access the internet?

Also, make sure there are no rules on the MX68 to block the reachability to Meraki Cloud. (Hope the MX68 Port Allows All VLANS)

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Shadius
Building a reputation

Hi @AjitKumar 

When I connect a laptop to the switchport, I get an unidentified network and no internet access.

I've set up a VLAN on the MX68 for the switch to be plugged into. It's set to trunk and allow all VLANs.

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Shadius 

1. Hope your MX68 is Live on the Meraki Dashboard.

2. By default, MS120 will search for the internet on VLAN1.

If this a new setup. You may start with default configuration on MX68 and MS120. They should work seamlessly. Once the devices are live you may update the configuration as needed.

Else you may need to login to the switch Manually and configure the appropriate IP and VLAN settings from the Local Status page for the switch to reach the cloud.

Hope the following is your network connectivity.

Network.png

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Shadius
Building a reputation

Yes, that is my topology, except I have the MR33 connected to the MX68.

Even if I connect the MS120 to a port with VLAN 1, I still don't get connection.

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Shadius 

1. Hope MR33 is live.

2. Could you please find out why your laptop is not able to access the internet when you connect the uplink cable of Switch into the Laptop? Hope your laptop receives IP Address and DNS settings from the MX68 DHCP?

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Shadius
Building a reputation

The MR33 is live. I am connected to it wirelessly.

If I connect from the MX68 via Ethernet cable, I get a connection on my laptop.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Where did you get the switch? I assume it is not new out of the box. Have you added the device to your inventory?

Possibly do a factory reset.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...

If you don't want to do the reset, check the local status page for issues like possibly static IP set

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

If DHCP is on and its behind the MX, then check to see if you can see it in the dashboard client list.

Shadius
Building a reputation

I was able to figure it out! I used the local status page and statically assigned an IP address.

I got the switch from Meraki.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels