MS120-48LP switch

SOLVED
MudMinnow
Just browsing

MS120-48LP switch

Hello,

I have connected one of these switches to my home router ethernet port in preparation to deploying in the business. I have claimed the serial number, and have associated the switch with the particular site it is deploying to. I am getting a solid blue light on the front panel, and the switch is running hard with the fan in high mode. This has been ongoing for about 15 minutes now. Can someone tell me if this is normal? The previous two switches I configured did not do this, but instead gave me a solid white light after a few minutes.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In dont see blue in here https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Installation_Guides/MS120_Series_Installation_Guide#Ports_and...

You can check the local status page to see what its doing.

Or you can factory reset it.

Or try connect it on a different switchport.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In dont see blue in here https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Installation_Guides/MS120_Series_Installation_Guide#Ports_and...

You can check the local status page to see what its doing.

Or you can factory reset it.

Or try connect it on a different switchport.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MudMinnow  Ekk solid blue, you might have to RMA that one.  Doesn't sound normal so I would contact support who will most likely replace it.

different switch port did it...thanks!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ww says, start by checking the local status page to see what the switch things is going on.

I would leave the switch plugged in for at least an hour before getting worried.  Some of the initial firmware upgrades take a long time.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels