MS Firmware 9.36 is the latest stable

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

MS Firmware 9.36 is the latest stable

Hello Community, just a quick heads up that MS 9.36 was promoted from stable release candidate to the latest stable today, which is also why you'll see on the Organization > Firmware Upgrades page that there is no SRC listed for now.  MS Firmware 10.13 is the latest beta, also released this week.  More info here on Beta, SRC and GA releases: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Meraki_Firmware_Release_P...

14 REPLIES 14
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The firmware release process does not apply to MS huh?   There is no way 20%+ of global switches are running this... 

Asavoy
Building a reputation

It might be the latest stable, but upgrading from 9.32 to 9.36 on two of my MS-320s are stuck at 87%.  I thought you guys fixed this issue?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you given it at least 40 minutes?  It sometimes takes a very long time.

Asavoy
Building a reputation

2:26 and counting.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is not good.  Time for a power cycle.

Asavoy
Building a reputation

Yeah, I already did that with one of the two that failed.  That was on Friday and it has still yet to connect to the cloud.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Factory reset time ...

Asavoy
Building a reputation

Did that before the switch pulled this update.  (We're kinda cross-talking in different threads about this, you and I)

I removed the switch from the assigned network.  I paperclipped the reset.  I 1.1.1.100'd into the laughably ineffective local interface settings.  I moved the switch back into the assigned network.  And BAM.  87%.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only other thought I have is to try and initiate a roll back.

Asavoy
Building a reputation

All 5 of my MS320s are on the same "network" in the dashboard.  I'm not about to break functionality of the ones running properly to try a roll-back.  

akan33
Building a reputation

Has Meraki contacted you about this? That's scary, I have a couple of 425 as distribution, I am not migrating until things are clear.

Asavoy
Building a reputation

@akan33

Meraki support was really good in this instance.  I explained the issue, and they asked me to move the equipment to troubleshoot more, which wasn't feasible.  While the switches were stuck at 87% the network upstream would be up for exactly 2:01, then down for at least an hour, and repeating... but some functionality is better than none.

They sent swaps which were quickly configured, in place, and rock solid as Meraki equipment usually is.  I've got nothing but green in my dashboard!

I usually hate to call support, but I am confident that if I have any further issues, I can call Meraki support and talk to qualified people who will do their best to help me.

akan33
Building a reputation

'I usually hate to call support, but I am confident that if I have any further issues, I can call Meraki support and talk to qualified people who will do their best to help me.'

Please tell me what number you are calling to, I think we don't call to the same number 😄 . Glad to hear that at least your experience is positive. 

Asavoy
Building a reputation

@akan33

Lol, sometimes you just get lucky.  Standard USA number.

It's pretty damn funny, though, at how often my predecessor started cases with support and how little I have in almost a year.  He, however, has a job with Meraki now due to that.  And it's not like he wasn't good at what he did, because he was.  I'd rather throw caution to the wind and try everything possible, because at least I can tell support...' already did that'!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels