MS 225

Ilene
Here to help

MS 225

I have a switch that after we had a power issue now no longer has any event logs. I am not sure if you have heard of this before. Have you heard  of this?

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

But is the switch working? Because the configuration is all centralized in the cloud.

In your case, I recommend opening a support case.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The switch is working properly and all seems to be normal. I forgot to mention this switch is part of a stack and the other switches are recording events

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

If the switch is working fine in terms of traffic forwarding, it is possible that either it is not storing its own logs properly or (if the logs are stored correctly) they are not sent to the dashboard correctly. I would be very interested to see the behavior when we change the MASTER of a stack to a different stack member (something Meraki Support can check) or with a firmware change. But overall, I would raise a support ticket regarding this and call the support line via https://meraki.cisco.com/support/ to have an engineer check the internal configuration/logs of the device and verify this for you.

I did open a case and I just spoke with support. He asked me to power cycle a port and it did log the event. The devices on this switch are cameras therefore they are pretty steady in their function.  The switch is functioning as expected.

Lets monitor this for a few days. If the switch behaves nice and normal throughout, we will know our issue is resolved 🙂 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels