MS 16.7.1 - Changelog questions

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS 16.7.1 - Changelog questions

Hi ,

I'm always doing a bug scrub through every new version and I have some questions about MS 16.7.1 changelogs... 

Some general know issues are just gone without any listed fixes :

• Connecting a stacking cable to a stack that is online may result in a stack member going offline (present since MS 12)
  • A stack containing more than 10 LACP bundles may encounter a brief network loop when a stack member is rebooted (present since MS 15)

MS120 known issues magically solved :

• Factory resetting a device can lead to the local status page being unavailable from the LAN port (present since MS 15)

MS125 known issues magically solved :

• The local status page cannot be accessed from the management port (always present)

+ 1 new 'old' know issue that should be added to every version affected : 

Ms425 known issues
Under heavy multicast load, stacks or members of stacks can become unresponsive and go offline in dashboard (present since MS 15)

Quite curious.

6 Replies 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've noticed similar in the MX release notes.

The one that comes to mind is the long running RADIUS across S2S VPN known issue which suddenly disappeared off the list.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe they could add a section, "Issues we are never going to fix".

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Microsoft have that, they call it 'features'.

JacekJ
Building a reputation

I have a very old support case where we noticed behavior that in the end turned out to be:

• Connecting a stacking cable to a stack that is online may result in a stack member going offline (present since MS 12.

I told support in the ticket (around August 2023), that for me the issues we noticed are most likely the bug described in the changelog (citing the one above).

In December 2023 I got a reply:

Our software engineering team has now marked this issue as resolved as they have not been able to reproduce the issue in-house on earlier MS 16 firmware. As a next step could you please upgrade the switches to the latest stable version MS 16.7 and test whether the issue still occurs on this version?

Cool, isn't it?

Maybe I should get paid to do a trip to Meraki lab and show them how you cause this - you just look at a stack of at least 3 switches, you disconnect one end, of one stacking cable (everything will be still running ok) and then you connect that one back and wait for one of the switches to go offline.

Their support is very disappointing most of the times.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @RaphaelL, thank you for flagging those missing entries, I've flagged this to the team and it's been rectified, might take a few hours for this to propagate out. 

JacekJ
Building a reputation

I think, that this has still not been corrected in the release notes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels