MS 14.5 Beta is Out

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

MS 14.5 Beta is Out

13 Numbering must have been skipped. Appears to make 390s even more messed up besides adding Adaptive Policy for them and Group Policy ACLs for 210s+

Also fixes this LONG running bug: Routing to a particular next-hop can fail under specific conditions for non-MS390 switch stacks

Suffice it to say I'll be testing it soon.

Alerts

• MS390 stacks of 4 or more may experience instability on this release. For stacks of 4 or more please stay on the current general release to ensure stability and functionality.
  • MS390 upgrades from MS 14.4 or earlier will trigger a full system reload
  • MS390 client authentication may fail closed if RADIUS server passes unsupported AVPs
  • Auth session state on RADIUS server may be stale following an MS390 CoA update until RADIUS Accounting is supported
  • MS210/225/250 switches cannot forward IPv6 Router Advertisement and Neighbor Solicitation packets when flood unknown multicast is disabled (has always been true)

Additions

• Adaptive Policy for MS390 series switches
  • Group Policy ACL for MS210/225/250/350/355/410/420/425/450 series switches

Bug fixes

• Routing to a particular next-hop can fail under specific conditions for non-MS390 switch stacks
  • MS390 series switches may not display link state on links at mGig speeds (2.5G, 5G)

Known issues

• MS425 stacks directly exposed to large L2 domains can experience stability reduction
  • MS390 stack members may not report client-level detail
  • MS390 series switches Max MTU is limited to 9198 bytes
  • MS390 series switches will not display packet details in the DHCP Servers page
  • MS390 series switches do not support the 'next-server' or 'bootfile' parameters in DHCP messages
  • Rebooting a single switch in an MS390 stack will reboot the entire stack
  • LLDP frames from MS390 series switches will use a single system name instead of the Dashboard given name
  • MS390 series switches will not display the advertising router ID for OSPF
  • MS390 series switches with OSPF enabled will default to an IP MTU of 1500 bytes on every OSPF enabled interface
  • MS390 series switches do not support the multicast routing livetool
  • MS390 series switches do not support tagged traffic bypass for voice on ports with a Multi-Auth access policy
  • Dynamic VLAN assignment from a RADIUS server on MS390 series switches must already be an allowed VLAN on the port for it to function
  • MS390 series switches do not currently support the following features: VRRP, SM Sentry, Syslog server, SNMP, Traceroute, IPv6 connectivity to dashboard, Meraki Auth, URL Redirection, MAC Whitelisting, RADIUS Accounting, QoS, Power Supply State, PoE power status/usage, Loop Detection, UDLD, MAC Flap Detection
  • SM Sentry does not support Windows based clients (predates MS 10.x)
  • MS425 series switches do not forward frames larger than 9416 bytes (predates MS 10.x)
  • MS350-24X and MS355 series switches do not negotiate UPoE over LLDP correctly (predates MS 10.x)

Other

• Various performance and stability improvements
6 Replies 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not seen that one:

KNOWN ISSUES

• MS425 stacks directly exposed to large L2 domains can experience stability reduction

What are they classing as large L2 domains?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC not an answer but it had been included back to 12.27, 12.25 being the last firmware that doesn't include it as an issue.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I wonder if the MS390 will ever see a working firmware.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rhbirkelund that'll be IOS-XE...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On another note the MS220 in my home network that was on 12.30 was automatically scheduled to be upgraded to 14.5 so I applied it last night and so far so good 😎

MS390 and working firmware... I don't even know where to start...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels