LACP configuration on the switches.

ShubhamPatki
New here

LACP configuration on the switches.

Hello all,

so we are have multiple switches connected to each other, currently these switches are connected to each other with redundancy, but the LACP is not configured yet. So basically the STP has disabled all the duplicate links between the switches. Our objective is to use these duplicate links that are in blocked state by putting them in aggregation.

Now according to the documentation, both the links should be disconnected from the switch before the LACP config is made.

My query is how would we even make the change to the LACP config if we just simply remove the only uplinks on the switch locking us out of that particular switch we intend to make the change on in the first place. 

I checked if the local config page has the option to make the LACP changes but wasnt able to find the same.

I am opening a TAC case soon,  but still any thoughts would be welcome.

TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

In the interest of stability it's ideal to create the LACP config with the redundant links disconnected or disabled (the ones currently in STP block mode). But you can create the LACP config in your current state. Just be aware there may be a brief blip as it transitions from blocking to forwarding on each end.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never had issues with creating LACP on links already plugged in.  I tend to do a port cycle (from the dashboard) after the configuration has taken to force an up/down just to make sure that LACP is negotiated.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Typically you don´t need to switch off on line to configure LACP.

When using stacked switches with an aggregation from more than one of this stacked switches I had some issues, so I would preffer to switch off one of the lines in an stacked switch aggreagation case.

I suggest to configure the aggregation first on the far switch and then on the near switch so you have an easier possibillity to reach the switches if something wents wrong.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels