Issues connecting to end device

NewToNetworking
Here to help

Issues connecting to end device

I have a camera on my local network that I am having some issues connecting to. All information seems to be correct on the ports and I am receiving RTSP feed from the camera when I log into the admin device which is connected to another switch but when when I enter the IP of the device from my computer which is on a different VLAN it will not connect. Ping and Tracert have been ran with no result. I think I am missing something simple here and maybe over thinking it. Also I am able to ping other devices that are on different VLANs that are on the same switch as the device that I can not connect to. Thank you all for your help in the past and I look forward to hearing what solutions you may have! Let me know what other information that I can provide that may help in troubleshooting. 

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have firewall rules or ACL that can block the traffic? Who is the gateway of your network?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like either an ACL issue or a routing issue.

Are you able to reach anything else on the camera vlan from your computer?

Can the camera ping it's gateway, or reach anything else outside its vlan?

Can you provide a basic network topology between the devices?

I also suggest checking all of the firewall ACL's on the Meraki side (under Security, Switch and Wireless).

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the subnet mask and default gateway configured on the camera.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Recommend to check your firewall, Camera settings and to verify all switches/uplinks which are involved know this vlan (maybe it is new?)

NewToNetworking
Here to help

After pulling a pcap on the switch that the end device is on, it seems that the camera is receiving the SYN but is not responding. I am going to do some more research to triple check all camera configurations. Thank you all for the guidance.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels