Is there a way to change full/half duplex options on Meraki switch ports?

Waheed-Ali
Getting noticed

Is there a way to change full/half duplex options on Meraki switch ports?

Hi,

Is there a way we can change the duplex option on Meraki switches e.g. change full to half duplex on different speeds? Or at lease we can confirm what is duplex option when a port is connected at 100 and 10mbps. I know the dark green light means operating at low, and most probably at 100 and half duplex. But its not clear if the port is only running on 100mbps or with 100mbps its also operating on half duplex.

Thanks

Waheed Ali

7 REPLIES 7
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Waheed-Ali 

Click on the switchport in question then under Link you have your speed and duplex settings

0DF7FEA2-2A6D-4A7A-AE81-BD83F2FA2736.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Oh.. thats great What about the other part. Can we verify/check if port is not only connected on 100mbps but its also half duplex. According to one CISCO thread if a port is connected on 1000mbps its always full duplex automatically but if it is 100mbps it can be half/full both. How can we check what is the duplex mode of a low connected port. The dark connected port?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Switch_Port_View

You can also see speed and duplex under Link Negotiation (see screenshot below)

CA94E271-80A5-4CE5-8F81-B8828205747F.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I already read that on the meraki documentation. Although it says but it does not show the duplex mode anywhere. It only shows the speed at which it is connected. It does not show the duplex info.

Any one know how to change duplex and speed of cisco meraki Z3 device ports? 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

For the MX/Z devices the only option you have for link speed and duplex is the local status page, you can’t do it through the Dashboard. And what you get on the local status page is a bit limited too.

notworkingsonos
Comes here often

Guys, I have also an issue with meraki switch, we have a sonos music systems , that is connected to meraki switch, but its is not communicating, i have tried lot of solutions, ut no ,luck,

any one knows how to make a switch port as a 1000 mbps speed .

i am using the switch mode is meraki switch MS390-48UX2

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels