Is it possible for me to connect my internet link first to a switch (MS)

Solved
iagoaas
Here to help

Is it possible for me to connect my internet link first to a switch (MS)

hi guys, Is it possible for me to connect my internet link first to a switch (MS), and then exit with two cables, one for each MX? I have only one internet link (just 1 IP) but I have two MX's at the other end.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, It is. Take a look at this example:

alemabrahao_0-1682362176342.jpeg

But you need at least 2 IPs, one from each MX. Three if you are considering using virtual IP.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, It is. Take a look at this example:

alemabrahao_0-1682362176342.jpeg

But you need at least 2 IPs, one from each MX. Three if you are considering using virtual IP.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

excellent, i am try this, thank very much.😊

I just verified that my (INTERNET) circuit delivers /31 and the meraki MS120 switch does not support it.

Your Meraki MS120 switch doesn't need to have any IP parameters configured for your WAN circuit.

You just need to configure a L2 transit VLAN (any unused VLAN-ID) on the interfaces facing the WAN-router and the MX WAN-interfaces.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels