I know it may be a strange question, but I'm at a loss for answers.
The customer has one phone on a switch port (of many phones and many switch ports). The phone died.
We configured a new phone here at my office and confirmed that it worked.
Took it to the customer, and it lasted less than 10 seconds on their network. After its supposed death, we swapped locations, cables, switch ports, and even plugged directly into the switch, and yes, the phone really is dead. Won't power on even with a power adaptor.
Is this a wiring problem (the wiring guys say no, they tested), a patch panel problem, or a switch problem?