IPv6 DHCP Server block on MS225

ZeeBoussaid
Getting noticed

IPv6 DHCP Server block on MS225

good morning, im not sure if this topic was discussed before, if it was I apologize in advance, can anyone explain\show me how to block ipv6 DHCP servers on Meraki MS225 running on MS12.28?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not seen this option yet for switches, also not in 15.x

If would expect it to see at "Dhcp servers& arp" at some point. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/MS_DHCP_Servers#Blocking_DHCP_Servers

ZeeBoussaid
Getting noticed

apparently this feature is not available yet on MS switches which is mindboggling, on the cat switches i could set a ipv6 DHCP snooping command to block. at this point it seems the only "fix" for my issue the only way to block that traffic would be to configure an IPv6 ACL on my switches.

ReeveJ
Conversationalist

Hi @ZeeBoussaid I'm trying to do the same thing in my network. Did you find a solution in the end or just block the traffic with an IPv6 ACL ? Many Thanks

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I see it now via DHCP Servers & ARP settings, however I'm not sure its working. I have it set to block ALL IPV6 DHCP servers, but my switch is still getting an IPV6 via the ISP device. I have it routing through the switch first via transit VLAN so that I could split it off from there to go into WAN1 on both primary and spare MX units since I only have one physical hand-off from the ISP.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels