How to view spanning-tree priority per switch?

Solved
KR7766
Here to help

How to view spanning-tree priority per switch?

Hi All,

I must be missing something really simple...Is there a way to view the current spanning-tree priority per MS switch? I know I can set spanning-tree priority per switch by navigating to "Switch > Switch settings > STP configuration > Set the bridge priority for another switch or stack" in the dashboard, but I don't want to set anything, I just want to view and document current STP priority on each of the MS switches in our environment. Any advice is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to only view this information.  You only have the page you have noted for configuring the values.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
TEAM-ind
Getting noticed

RSTP root info is on the summary page of each switch.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for, or if you were wanting a report or list.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to only view this information.  You only have the page you have noted for configuring the values.

@PhilipDAth - Thank you, I would have spent several hours looking.

KR7766
Here to help

Thanks for your response TEAM-ind. While it's helpful to know which switch is root and what its priority is, I'm really looking to find the current priority set on all my non-root switches. A report or list would be convenient, but for now I don't mind checking each switch individually for its bridge priority, I just don't know how to do that with Meraki switches.

KR7766
Here to help

FWIW...I ended up running packet captures on the interfaces connecting switches to one another and was able to see the bridge priority in the BPDU's. Time consuming, but worth it in my opinion, especially since I'm replacing and moving switches around in my environment. 

Are you a scammer?

Looks like it, this exact text is found in several places on the internet: 

CommunityAdmin_0-1660163487509.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels