How to assign a port profile to a port?

Solved
Snika
Getting noticed

How to assign a port profile to a port?

The guide says I can assign a port profile from the Swtich port menu.

But I can't find the menu.

port-profile.png

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your network bound to a template?

Requirements, guidelines and limitations

1. Hardware requirements: Port profiles are supported on the MS120, MS125, MS130, MS130R, MS210, MS225, MS250, MS350, MS355, MS410, MS425 and MS450 series switches.
  2. Software requirements: While there are no minimum firmware requirements for Port profiles, MS 15.21.1 or later is recommended 

3. Port profiles are currently not supported in Configuration Templates or networks bound to them. Support for Configuration Templates and networks bound to configuration templates will be added in the near future.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Switch_Port_Profiles

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your network bound to a template?

Requirements, guidelines and limitations

1. Hardware requirements: Port profiles are supported on the MS120, MS125, MS130, MS130R, MS210, MS225, MS250, MS350, MS355, MS410, MS425 and MS450 series switches.
  2. Software requirements: While there are no minimum firmware requirements for Port profiles, MS 15.21.1 or later is recommended 

3. Port profiles are currently not supported in Configuration Templates or networks bound to them. Support for Configuration Templates and networks bound to configuration templates will be added in the near future.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Switch_Port_Profiles

Snika
Getting noticed

MS225

MS 16.7

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the switch in a template?

Port profiles are currently not supported in Configuration Templates or networks bound to them. Support for Configuration Templates and networks bound to configuration templates will be added in the near future.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Snika_0-1713550207379.png

I am not using a configuration template.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Snika
Getting noticed

It was a C9300, not an MS225.
I was mistaken.
The MS225 is port-schedulable.
The 9300 cannot.

Arthamon
Here to help

I can confirm after viewing two of my networks, one bound, and another not bound that this is the likely case here.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels