How do I check the CPU utilization of the Meraki switches?

A_Vijay
Here to help

How do I check the CPU utilization of the Meraki switches?

Hi Team,

Could you help me check the CPU utilization of the Meraki MS425-16P Switch?

I raised a TAC case. They informed me about the CPU utilization. When I asked for a screenshot of the utilization, they replied that they could not share screenshots of any backend logs due to their policy.

I have to submit the CPU utilization to my internal team.

Is there any other way to get the utilization of the Meraki switches from the support?

8 Replies 8
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @A_Vijay , unfortunately the only way to get any backend information is via support.  I wasn’t aware that they couldn’t release this info to you.  The only cpu output that’s readily available via the dashboard is for the MXs.

You could try engaging with your Meraki AN to see if there’s anyway they can get this information on your behalf.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC ,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let me know what is the Meraki AN?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @A_Vijay , apologies, that was a typo.  That should read Meraki AM - account manager

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC ,

Thank you.

I'll try to reach the AM.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Surely your internal team would accept an email from Cisco?

They will accept.

I am working as a support engineer on the Client's site.

I already told them about the TAC reply.

But they would like to see the CPU utilization because they recently moved into Meraki.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The issue probably stems from their expectations around their existing environment, which was probably locally managed, versus their new cloud-managed environment.

They might expect it, like you said.

But we need to check the device CPU utilization frequently.

If we want to check the device CPU utilization, we can raise a TAC case.

But we need to raise a TAC case at least once per week to know about the device CPU utilization.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels