Erro STP BPDU sender conflit

iagoaas
Here to help

Erro STP BPDU sender conflit

Guys, can you help me, today I have this connection between the 2 MX and 2 MS with two links and a stack, but I am receiving many STP BPDU errors on ports 17 and 18 of the MS, which has caused instabilities in the network.

Can you tell me if this connection is recommended between the MX and the MS?
Today I have two links one for each MX but the stack.

To resolve network instability as a palliative today, the MS 02 is turned off, so I don't have a BPDU error on the network, but if he turns on the SW 02, the problem occurs again.

Captura de tela 2023-06-23 110835.png

11 Replies 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/MX_Layer_2_Functionality#Spanning_Tree_Prot...)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

MX doesn't support LACP. So, if you have LACP (port aggregation groups) configured on the switches delete those.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your switches are 1 stack? (I asume stack port 1 goes to 2)

Do you have the same native vlan on all ports in that drawing?

iagoaas
Here to help

Your switches are 1 stack? (I asume stack port 1 goes to 2)

I have 2 stacs - SW01 port 1 goes SW2 port 2 and SW2 goes port1 sw1.

Do you have the same native vlan on all ports in that drawing?

YES

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at the documentation, there are some considerations. If you have LACP configured on the ports that MX is connected it will not work.

LACP & Link Aggregation

The MX does not run LACP or any link aggregation protocols. Connecting aggregated ports to the LAN of the MX is not supported; all connected ports should be un-aggregated. If multiple ports are connected to the MX from a single switch for redundancy, it is highly recommended that you run STP on that switch, to ensure that one of the redundant ports is safely put into a blocking state.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You hopefully don't have BPDU-Guard active on your ports to the MX?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That would effectively shut those ports down with a red indicator instead of the usual STP blocking sign.

this is my configuration on port from MS to MX.

iagoaas_0-1687538086278.png

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, but error descriptions are not always accurate and reflect the actual state ...

NO! this is my configuration on port from MS to MX.

Captura de tela 2023-06-23 133009.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My recommendation - only plug an MS into a single MX.  Remove those two redundant cables.

It will be rock solid reliable then.  IMHO, adding the extra cables, although intuitively increases redundancy, actually causes more failures.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels