Does switch cloning copy layer 3 interfaces and static routes?

SOLVED
Pete_RMOW
Getting noticed

Does switch cloning copy layer 3 interfaces and static routes?

When cloning a switch, does the cloning process copy the layer 3 interfaces, ip helper address, static routes and default routes that I have also created on the reference/source switch?

The info provided in the "What will this copy?" link in the dashboard doesn't mention the above items.

I would normally test before making a post, but I don't have any spare switches available at the moment to test.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zilla
Getting noticed

No, it only clones Layer 2 settings.  The layer 3 settings can me "moved" to the new switch once you manually build the first L3 interface on the new switch.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zilla
Getting noticed

No, it only clones Layer 2 settings.  The layer 3 settings can me "moved" to the new switch once you manually build the first L3 interface on the new switch.

Thanks for the info Zilla.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "moved". I'm assuming, manually re-creating. I have a couple of new switches on order, so when they'll come in, I'll test this out.

@Pete_RMOW  when you are in the Routing & DHCP screen you can check the box next to an interface and then click Edit > Move and you can move the interface to another switch. 

The catch is you have to manually create the first interface before you can take advantage of this feature to move the others.

Thanks Zilla! I did not know this function existed, so thanks for the tip. 

It also looks like they can only be moved one at a time, but that's all. What's an extra few clicks haha

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels