Delete "detected potential stacks"

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Delete "detected potential stacks"

Hi all,

for testing we got 2 switches online. Since then the dashboard says that it has detected potential stacks.

Yes, potentially correct, but its not.

How can I delete this? Or do I have to stack it and delete the stack? 

I just don´t want to mess up anything, as I´m new into stacking Meraki switches and had enough problems so far, haha

Thanks, regards

Marc

6 REPLIES 6
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

What model switches are you using? And have you connected anything into the ports on the back of the switches? Normally you only get ‘potential stack’ messages if you have cables in the stack ports on the back of the switches.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

MS225-24p

as far as I can remember I didn´t conect the stacking cables. But I may be wrong. Was a long and tough day...

Neveertheless, they are offline since 5 days now. As mentioned just a test, but they are still displayed as "potential stacks" and I don´t want them to still show up 😉

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never seen "potential stacks" report switches incorrectly, at least not after 30 minutes or so.

This suggests you have (or did have) something plugged into the stacking ports.

The message won't go away until the switches have been up and running again with nothing in their stack ports.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

ok, maybe possible we plugged in the stacking cables, but as mentioned, it just has been a test and I don´t want them to be stacked and want to get rid of the message 😄

Asked our Meraki SE and even he didn´t know and needs to ask someone.

I assume I need to "stack" it followed by deleting it.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I’d try @PhilipDAth ‘s suggestion and bring the switches online again (so they connect to the Meraki cloud) with no stacking cables inserted. After a while I’d expect the potential stack to be removed.

rfranco
Conversationalist

Maybe this comes quite late, but just for the record, I have just had the same issue. I fixed it simply removing and re-adding the switches to the Network

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels