DHCP meraki MS120

Davindahouse
New here

DHCP meraki MS120

Good day,

Temporarily I have setup our meraki switches with DHCP addresses. I recently modified the dhcp scope, the MS120 is not picking up the new IP address and still displays the old one. This was over 6 days ago, how does one force the switch to get new IP? the dhcp status on L3 switch shows the switch has a new IP and I can ping it but the switch has old IP and says it is disconnected in console, switch is not able to communicate with cloud but was before I changed DHCP scope. I reset the switch by holding button on front in for 15 seconds but still retains old info.

Any ideas?

Cheers

David

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the management interface set to the VLAN that the DHCP is on and is that VLAN part of the trunk connection from this switch to the DHCP server?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply,

The vlan is the exact same vlan as when it got the original IP address, just the IP range changed. The switch it uplinks to is configured with that vlan

@Davindahouse : When you  push the reset button, try to put the uplink where the switch is connected to into an DHCP LAN. Typically the switch tries to connect to the dashboard and if this is not working the switch tries to get an DHCP.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Davindahouse 

Can we try this?

Creating a new network with 1 x MS120 switch?

Also try holding the reset button for 30-45 Seconds. If possible lets keep the switch disconnected from power source for a minute or so.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Thank you for the suggestion , I will try that and revert

unfortunately did not work

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Davindahouse :  check the local status page for issues like possibly static IP set

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me... 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Check the local status page as @Inderdeep says.

I would also try changing the management VLAN via the local status page to anything else, and then changing it back.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels