DAI Blocked even though configured to Trust ever port. High Rate STP Topology Change

Solved
mcoomber
Getting noticed

DAI Blocked even though configured to Trust ever port. High Rate STP Topology Change

1. I've configured five MS130-48P switches to trust DAI. However, I still have DAI Blocked on one of switches in the events log. 
  2. One of the switches initially connected and then disconnected with a message 'High Rate STP Topology Change'. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to different ports but still having same issue. All the MS are configured with a trunk port that connects to a catalyst 3850 switch.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Change to:
spanning-tree mode mst

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
mcoomber
Getting noticed

spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
hw-switch switch 1 logging onboard message level 3

!

!

!

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/18
description "SERVER ACCESS PORT"
switchport access vlan 10
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/19
description "UPLINK TO ACCESS SW"
switchport mode trunk

The above is the config for the interfaces on the 3850.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Change to:
spanning-tree mode mst

Will the command below be the current command to execute to change to spanning-tree mst

configure terminal

spanning-tree mst configuration

instance 1 vlan 1-30

name region1

revision 2

exit

spanning-tree mode mst

end

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You only need this one configuration line.

spanning-tree mode mst

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running a current stable firmware for better on the MS130s?  Failing that, try giving the problematic switch a power cycle.

When you say you configured 5 switche sto "Trust DAI" - do you mean you meant into the switch ports and marked the port as trusted?  This is the best method, IMHO.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Other_Topics/Dynamic_ARP_Inspection#Configuring_DAI

I'm running firmware 16.9 stable on all switches.

Every port is configured to Trust DAI as per the configure DAI documentation. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would give the MS130 that says it is blocking a reboot.  It sounds like it has not loaded its DAI config correctly.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>One of the switches initially connected and then disconnected with a message 'High Rate STP Topology Change'

This is a pretty common error - I would ignore it unless it is going on for more than a day.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels