Catalyst c9200 monitored with Meraki dashboard

Diegoooo
Comes here often

Catalyst c9200 monitored with Meraki dashboard

Hi,

I am planning to monitor a bunch of c9200 witches with Meraki.

They are currently running catalyst software  some 16.12 and some other 17.3.

I will upgrade the 16.12 to 17....something.

What the documentation is not clear about is:
If the catalyst have currently a DNA license, does it need extra licensing for monitoring from Merakt?

Does it have any limitation for stacked switches? i have a 8-stack of c9200.

Thanks in advance, I have asked but nobody has given any light 🙂

6 Replies 6
Shubh3738
Building a reputation

Yes, To utilize Cloud Monitoring, all Catalyst switches that will be added to the dashboard must have an active DNA Essentials or DNA Advantage license. 

Refer below document:

Cloud Monitoring for Catalyst Onboarding - Cisco Meraki Documentation

thanks, I was just wondering if it will require extra licensing in addition to that one.

Shubh3738
Building a reputation

According to the documentation, it will not require any additional licensing beyond what you already have in place.
Everything necessary for that functionality should be covered under your current license active DNA Essentials.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki monitored switches do not need a Meraki license, they should have the DNA license maintained for the duration that they are monitored.  If you convert them to Meraki managed mode then the DNA license will migrate to a Meraki license.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe you actually have to buy the Meraki license.  But you could get a better discount if you can show  you have an active DNA license.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @GIdenJoe I thought if you had an active subscription you got the rest in the cloud, but maybe I just got a discount as suggested.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels