Can I have a MX64 with advance security license with a MS220-24 with enterprise license?

Solved
LionelGalvan10
Conversationalist

Can I have a MX64 with advance security license with a MS220-24 with enterprise license?

Hello,

I have branches that are currently set up with a MX64 with advance security and a MS220-24 with advance security. I think the advance security license on the switch is unnecessary. Is it possible to do a MS220 on enterprise license and just leave the MX64 with advance security? If so what are the downs of doing this? Or does Cisco not let you have difference license types on a network?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Switches don't have advanced security licenses. They only have enterprise, but they are model specific.

To answer you question, Yes. You can do MX with advanced and MS with enterprise licenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Switches don't have advanced security licenses. They only have enterprise, but they are model specific.

To answer you question, Yes. You can do MX with advanced and MS with enterprise licenses.

MX devices have two types of licensing, Enterprise or Advanced security.

MS Switches on require a dashboard license

Licensing comes in 1, 3 or 5 year options. Sometimes Meraki do have specials where they will give you an extra year for free and it usually works out cheaper if you be a longer license as well. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels