CONNECTING TO INTERNET

SOLVED
Yazar
Just browsing

CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Dear Community,

I have a network setup using MS 350 for my core switch and MS 250 for access switch.

my ISP connection is terminating on a cisco 2960 switch, from there the internet connection is connecting to a firewall device and then to my core switch on an access port.

the challenge i have right now is that my core switch is not connecting to the meraki cloud but there is access through the switch because the configurations have been downloaded onto the switch.

kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

the management ip of the 350 can't route to its own svi. you need to set this to an ip and gateway in the subnet of your upstream link.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

firewall is blocking something?

at help 》 firewall  you can see the ports that are used for connecting to the cloud. 

Yazar
Just browsing

I don't think the firewall is blocking anything because there is a MS 250 switch connecting to the MS 350 core switch and the meraki box has access to the internet.

There is connection THROUGH the box, but the box is not connecting to the internet.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

and 250 and 350 have a management ip from the same subnet and have the same gateway?

Yazar
Just browsing

Yeah

they both have IP addresses from the 172.16.15.0/24 network with 172.16.15.3 being the gateway.

the firewall device can ping the gateway interface 172.16.15.3 on the MS 350.

I even changed from static IP address to DHCP on vlan 15 to see what will happen, and nothing is changing.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

the management ip of the 350 can't route to its own svi. you need to set this to an ip and gateway in the subnet of your upstream link.

Yazar
Just browsing

by this "you need to set this to an ip and gateway in the subnet of your upstream link." you mean i should use an ip address from the uplink to the firewall device?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

The easiest way to think about the IP on your switch is if you connected a computer to that uplink and set up the same IP information would you have unrestricted access to the internet.  If so you should be good if not you may have issues. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Yazar
Just browsing

Thank you.

the Switch is now connecting to the cloud.

I put the uplink in the IP range of the firewall and made the firewall the default gateway.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels