Affected Switch MS120-8LP - "Poor connectivity to the Meraki cloud."

phelimmc
Here to help

Affected Switch MS120-8LP - "Poor connectivity to the Meraki cloud."

Can anyone advise please, one of our switches MS120-8LP is displaying an alert "Poor connectivity to the Meraki cloud." The AP's connected to it have no issue for example AP3 on port 6 of the switch is online. What is the best way to establish connectivity to the cloud again for the switch and change the switches status to online without affecting current users?

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Presumably same issue as your APs the other day. You have vlan 13 set as native, but you're also tagging it in the static IP for the switch. So, delete the VLAN field under the switch mgmt IP config.

I guess also you sure that IP isn't in use elsewhere? ARP table from an AP shows 10.16.23.1 mapped to a MAC that doesn't belong to your MS. It appears to maybe be the static IP on the 2960 you have there.

phelimmc
Here to help

I mistakenly assigned the IP address 10.16.23.1 which belongs to a Cisco 2960 in the same range. I have tried changing to an unused IP address 23.9 or 23.10 but it still won't bring the switch fully online. I have tried also DHCP and DHCP without the VLAN but the issue is still evident. Should I change it back to an unused static IP address and it eventually will come back online or is the configuration messed up on the switch now and only a factory reset will resolve it?

Quickest route to fix is probably factory reset the switch so it'll come back with DHCP. Or if you're local to the switch access the Local Status Page and change the static IP to an available address.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels