Same SFP Model and Part number, different design and serial number syntax.

SOLVED
its_Tricky83
Here to help

Same SFP Model and Part number, different design and serial number syntax.

Hi All, 

I'm not sure if this causes any issue what-so-ever (Maybe someone can confirm?) but we recently purchased some more official Meraki SFP's, only to find the design of the SFP's have changed, along with the serial number syntax; and the theoretical speed has dropped a bit!

Original SFP's purchased a 18months ago, as shown in the Dashboard!

• SFP module Meraki - 1000BASE-T: 1.3 Gbps (Part 600-22100, Serial: Q2KR-CSCH-Q### )

Newer SFP's purchased February 2022, as shown in the Dashboard!

• SFP module Meraki - 1000BASE-T: 1.2 Gbps (Part 600-22100, Serial: 2130###### )

Here's a photo showing the design difference:

its_Tricky83_0-1646093110785.png

We'll be using these in a VRRP configuration, so I'm hoping everything works just fun.

Just putting this post here in case others notice the same and have anything to chime in with!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Suppliers change over time, especially in these challenging times with supplier and inventory issues. Anyway, it should work fine. I've used mixtures of transceivers many times.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Suppliers change over time, especially in these challenging times with supplier and inventory issues. Anyway, it should work fine. I've used mixtures of transceivers many times.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels