9300 to Meraki Mgmt IP address on 198.18.0.0/28 range

NetEngJH
Here to help

9300 to Meraki Mgmt IP address on 198.18.0.0/28 range

I have a very strange issue after converting a Catalyst 9300 to a 9300-M (non native beta).  During the conversion the switches never contacted the Dashboard and had a management IP address of 198.18.0.0/28 range.  I could see this from a connected router cdp neighbor details.  I couldn't manage via the front ports on this range, or use the console port so ended up factory resetting by holding down the mode button for 21s.  When the switches booted back up they successfully got DHCP address on private range, but then rebooted after a period of time, am guessing after downloading firmware, and now back to a management IP address within 198.18.0.0/28 and unable to reach the Dashboard.

Anyone any thoughts on this or experienced this before?  I know this range is used for local device management on 9300 switches.  But what I don't understand is why when DHCP is available it is defaulting to this as a management IP.

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had an issue recently like this upgrading a C9300-M to the IOS-Native beta.  My management interface was also using a 198.18.0.x address.

I'm not sure how to progress your issue though.  I think this'll need the help of support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels