3x MS250 aggregation with MX68

SOLVED
LucL
Here to help

3x MS250 aggregation with MX68

Hello,

I have 3 switch MS250 which are Physical Stack on the back and one firewall MX68.

I would like to create an aggregation between the 3 MS250 and the MX68.

So I use the first port of the first MS250 which is connected to the 3th port of the MX68.

Then the first port of the second MS250 is connected to the 4th port of the MX68.

And for finish, the first port of the third MS250 is connected to the 5th port of the MX68.

And I have create an aggregation group with the 3 ports (the 1st port of each MS250).

But If I connect the 3 cables to the MS68, the 3 switch will lose the connection.

I need to disconnect 2 cable and keep only 1, so the link is working.

If someone can tell my what is wrong ?

Thank you,

Luc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't do that.

If you want redundancy.

Connect 2 ports without lacp  to the mx.

And make sure they have the same native vlan.

On the switch side rstp have to be enabled. Then 1 port on a switch will go in blocking.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Russ_B
Getting noticed

I could be wrong, but I don't think the MX series supports LACP.  I don't remember seeing any configuration options for it, and looking at the Meraki Link Aggregation documentation (Link Aggregation and Load Balancing - Cisco Meraki) the MX section only mentions load balancing between the two WAN ports.

Thank you for your answer !

I think you are right, so I followed the solution of @ww .

Luc

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't do that.

If you want redundancy.

Connect 2 ports without lacp  to the mx.

And make sure they have the same native vlan.

On the switch side rstp have to be enabled. Then 1 port on a switch will go in blocking.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A big shout out to the Meraki devs: port-channels are a very basic but necessary feature on firewalls.  Please support them soon!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels